Powered by Blogger.

Back to Basics

>> Monday, January 21, 2013

So this weekend included a lot of compromises on my part...too many.

  • Friday: You know, I'll just have a couple of margaritas because it is margarita night with the girls.  I guess I'll also throw in a cheese & chicken quesadilla...because that's what I eat with margaritas.  
  • Saturday: I'll just have one burger because my dad did grill it and it would be rude not to eat it.
  • Sunday: Okay, I'll have just a small glass of wine because my friend doesn't want to drink alone!


So....I'm thinking it's time to get back to the basics.  That is what Mondays are all about, after all. Now I'm not opposed to compromising once in awhile, but I can't do it every. single. day. of the weekend.

So here are the basic principles of eating clean.  Everyone's different and some people have more or less guidelines for themselves.  These are the ones I'm focusing on:


  • Eat breakfast every day 
  • Eat every 2-3 hours/6 small meals a day
  • Drink 2-3 liters of water a day
  • Eat lean protein & complex carbs at every meal
  • Avoid over-processed food, eat fresh, whole foods (in general, avoid labels with ingredients you don't recognize or with more than 5 ingredients)
  • Avoid white flour and sugar
  • Limit alcohol
I think I'll take a day to focus on each one.  I've gotten pretty good at eating breakfast every day (usually oats, egg whites, and coffee), so I'm going to start with getting in my water.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP