Powered by Blogger.

Detox Derailed

>> Saturday, January 5, 2013

I woke up today to my husband asking where the thermometer was because he thought he was sick.  He had just thrown up (TMI?) after having his morning lemon/ginger water. Our day didn't get much better from there.  We were both starving and tired and just felt....ugh. We even crawled back in bed to join our son in an afternoon nap.  Before dinner I finally broke and told him that I think we need to end the detox, or at least add something to it.  You should have seen the smile on that man's face.  Apparently he had been waiting all day for me to come to my senses.  After eating some baked chicken and a glass of juice, our day took a turn for the better.  We still had our Potassium Balance soup and Chia Pudding for dessert.  (I also may or may not have eaten a few M&Ms out of the bowl at my parents' house.)

So I can't really say the detox was successful for us.  To be honest, by day 2 it had us feeling pretty awful and food, or the lack of,  was all I could think about. That's no way to live...at least not in this house! HOWEVER, this is not to say I'm giving up on eating clean.  In fact, I checked out two books from the library today that I'm hoping will motivate me to keep at it.  From our experience, I don't think the detox was the best way to start eating clean.  In fact, it deterred us if anything.  But after looking through the books and reading through some blogs of successful clean eaters, I'm ready to give it a shot.  It's not going to be perfect.  I'm sure a few more stray M&Ms are going to find their way to my mouth, but if I can at least change some bad habits and add in a lot more fresh, healthy foods, then I'm all for it.


Here are the books I'm taking a look at:




How about you?  Has anyone else tried a detox?  Was it worth it?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP