Powered by Blogger.

Subbing

>> Thursday, January 17, 2013

Last night my parents invited us over for dinner.....beef and noodles. My mom loves making big, hearty, down-on-the farm meals. There's always, noodles, mashed potatoes, a giant ham, or some sort of roast involved in her dinners. I didn't want to turn down the invite, but I also didn't want to devour a big plate of noodles and white potatoes.  So I decided to bring along a dish of whole wheat couscous to substitute for the noodles.  I even got my mom to try some. 





 I also tossed a lemon, chia seeds, and Stevia packets in my bag to make a couple of Chia Frescas for my husband and me. This made it a little easier to turn down the wine.




To get your mind off of wine...oh, wine....here's an interesting article about chia seeds: The Powerful Health Benefits of Chia Seeds

Okay, when I first saw "chia seeds" on my detox grocery list I immediately thought of Chia Pets. (I killed many of these as a child.)  After a quick Google search I found that it's true! Not only can I make a healthy drink, but I can also grow an amazing head of hair for my terra cotta pots.







0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP