Powered by Blogger.

Detox Day 1

>> Friday, January 4, 2013

So far, so good.  I opened the fridge many times this morning to lurk for food purely out of habit.  Then I realized I already had my entire day's food mapped out for me and I closed the fridge and moved onto other things, like chasing down my 10 month old.

This is what I'll be eating for the next 3 days:




Here's what day 1 looked like for me.  I tried to remember to take pictures to share with you:

After Waking:
Lemon & Ginger Water


Much to my surprise, this actually was pretty good and refreshing.  Now the texture, I could do without.  I think part of that is because I had too many larger pieces of ginger root floating around on top. Tomorrow I will be more careful when grating it.

Breakfast:
Super Detox Green Juice

My blender was filled to the top with green vegetables plus one whole lemon.  I stirred and stared for a long time before trying my first sip.  I even called my husband at work to see what he thought of his green juice this morning.  He warned me that it had a little bite...and it did.  It wasn't bad, but the texture is what got me again.  I definitely had to chew this. Now I will say that the recipe calls for juicing the vegetables, but says you can blend it if you don't have a juicer.  Since I don't, I blended everything, which I'm pretty sure accounts for the thick grittiness.  It also made a lot...almost two extra large glasses, so I only drank one glass and am saving the rest for later.

Mid Morning Snack
Cucumber, Celery, and Carrot Sticks
To be honest, I didn't even attempt to eat these.  I had my fill of veggies before noon.  Maybe tomorrow.

Lunch
Sushi Salad
** I was so excited to eat something that I completely forgot to take a picture.  But trust me, it looked pretty good!

By this time, I was very hungry and couldn't wait to get my hands on something I didn't have to drink out of a cup.  I have to say, it was delicious!  The avocados and homemade ginger/lemon dressing was very satisfying.  I do think I'll add a little less lemon juice to the dressing tomorrow because it was almost too much to take by the end.  But all in all, it was very yummy and made me think I was eating a  sushi roll.

Mid Afternoon Snack
Activated Almonds 
I soaked the almonds in sea salt and water overnight.  They were delicious and I had to make myself eat only one handful.



Dinner
Potassium Balance Soup

I prepped this big pot of soup earlier in the day and cooked it about 30 minutes before we were ready to eat.  It's enough for the whole week and I will just warm it up as we eat. It had good flavor, but I'm getting a little tired of veggies at this point.

You will do a lot of veggie chopping.  You may as well clean and chop all of your green vegetables (except avocados) when you get home from the store.

Dessert
Chia Pudding
This was pretty good and the consistency reminded me of tapioca pudding. At this point, I was more than happy to eat something that wasn't green.

After Dinner
Calming Chamomile Tea

I was glad to have something to drink in the evening.  I'm a big nighttime snacker and this helped me not feel like I was starving before bed.

All in all, I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself for making it through Day 1 without "cheating".  My biggest accomplishment today was turning down a lunch invite from a friend.  As good as that sounded, I knew I may as well throw in the towel if I went.  We still got together, just not over lunch.  It was a struggle toward the late afternoon/evening, and I found myself daydreaming about Reesee's cups and coffee. But I made it. One down, two more detox days to go!

If you're interested in trying the detox for yourself, here's a link to the rundown:
http://www.hungryforchange.tv/article/3-day-detox-plan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP