Powered by Blogger.

Food I'm Loving

>> Saturday, January 26, 2013

Food I'm loving this week...


Almond Butter
I finally scraped (licked) my peanutbutter jar clean and decided to branch out to new nut butters, despite their heavy price tag ($5.50 a jar!?). Grocery bill aside, I have to tell you...I'm loving almond butter.  Sometimes I eat it on a banana for a quick snack or spread it on a Ryevita cracker (and let me tell you...those Ryevitas need all the help they can get for taste). 

Here's my answer to a PBJ:



Chai Latte

While meandering through the natural section of the grocery store (this always spells trouble for my wallet), I picked up a carton of organic chai.  I thought it might be a good replacement for coffee a few days a week or a nice evening "snack". I was right. Mmmm.....you mix the chai 50/50 with milk (or almond milk) and heat it in the microwave or on the stove. Chai is deliciously spicy and always reminds me faintly of pumpkin pie. I'm thinking it's found a new place on my shopping list. 


Goat Cheese & Cranberry Salad
Whenever I'm ordering a salad at a restaurant, I look no further than the one with goat cheese.  Well as I rummaged through the fridge trying to find something quick for dinner last night, I realized I had all of the fresh ingredients to make my own salad....arugula, goat cheese, dried cranberries, boiled egg, sunflower seeds, olive oil, & balsamic vinegar. I have to say...it was just as good as the restaurant's, except for the fact that I had to make it myself & put my own bowl in the dishwasher. I don't have a picture because I ate it too fast.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP