Powered by Blogger.

Eating Frequently

>> Tuesday, January 22, 2013



I get to eat 6 times a day?! This is reason enough to start eating clean. But I've found out that it's not as easy as it seems.  I'm used to eating three meals a day and mindlessly snacking in between.  Eating clean requires me to actually think about my snacks/meals and plan accordingly. It's not very easy to grab a clean snack when I'm out running errands and am starving.  I definitely don't feel like hauling my baby into the grocery store just to search for a clean snack in the produce section.  I'd much rather swing through the drive thru, grab some chicken nuggets, and call it a day. The eating clean guru, Tosca Reno, suggests packing a small cooler with clean snacks and meals to get you through the day.  (She even has a cooler meal plan in her book. ) I don't need to pack all of my meals because I am home during the day.  But I do think I need to start keeping a few ready-to-go snacks in the fridge to grab on my way out the door if I'm going to be gone for awhile.

Anyhoo...eating a small, clean meal every 2-3 hours was my focus today. (I also tried to keep guzzling my water.) Here's what it looked like for me:

7:15- oats with flaxseed, wheat germ, & almond milk/coffee with almond milk & Stevia/water
10:30-plain organic yogurt with chia seeds and nuts/water
1:15-leftover chicken lettuce wraps/natural salt & vinegar chips/water
5:00-banana with peanut butter
7:15-baked salmon/baked green beans/water
9:00-2 kiwis/water

These meals are definitely not perfect...I could use some work on getting protein & carbs in every meal...but I'll save that for another day.  

Writing down the time I ate and a quick note of what I was eating helped me to remember to eat frequently.  It also reminded me of the notes I used to keep when my son was just born...how many ounces he ate...when he ate it...when's his next feeding...  

Okay, so far I've got my breakfast, water intake, and frequent eating back on track...what will tomorrow bring?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP