Powered by Blogger.

Chia Fresca

>> Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Something caught my attention while watching one of the morning shows today.  Some health guru was talking about eating healthy and mentioned how Chia seeds are a "superfood".  That made me think...'Hey!  I have a big bag of those in the kitchen left over from my detox'.  Other than the pudding I had made, I wasn't sure what else to do with the expensive little things.  What to do in such a dilemma? Pinterest, of course!  When I searched "chia seeds" I found all kinds of recipes for Chia Fresca and since I had the ingredients, I gave it a try.

All you need is:

  • 3tsp.chia seeds (I found mine in the body section of Whole Foods, near the supplements)
  • 2tsp. natural sweetener (agave nectar, Stevia, etc.)
  • 1 lemon
  • cold water
Put about 3 tsp. of Chia seeds in 12 oz. of cold water and let it sit for about 10 minutes.  This allows the seeds to soak in the water and soften.  Remember to stir it occasionally so that the seeds don't all clump together. Next, add the sweetener, squeeze in the juice of one lemon, and stir.  It makes a really refreshing lemonade-like drink.  I loved it and am planning on having many more of these! It was a nice change from water. (I've been missing my juice lately.)

I snapped this with my phone. It's not a great picture, but you get the idea. (Plus the cup briefly made me think I was drinking a margarita...almost.) Don't let the floating seeds turn you off.  They get really soft and are easy to drink.  Even my mom, who is currently skeptical about my new eating clean venture, thought it was really good!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP