Powered by Blogger.

Menu Planning

>> Saturday, January 12, 2013

Before I went grocery shopping I sat down with my Eat Clean cookbook, laptop, and notebook to try to get a grip on what dinner will look like at our house this week.  I basically looked through and picked out the recipes that looked the best to me and ones I thought my husband would enjoy.  I figure we have a better chance of staying on track if we're eating well! 


 Here's what our dinner menu looks like this week:
  • Sweet Potato Patties & Cucumber Salad
  • Chicken, Apple, & Onion Sandwiches with Kale Chips
  • Shrimp in Saffron Sauce with grilled Asparagus (Looks like I'm going to have to rethink the sauce for the shrimp because it turns out saffron threads are ridiculously expensive!)
  • Vegetable Lasagna
  • Lettuce Wraps
  • Clean Eat Pizza

Other things I plan to make:
  • Clean Chocolate Walnut Brownies
  • Yogurt Bread (similar to banana bread)
  • Citrus Spread
  • Clean Tortilla Chips (The one thing my husband has really been missing is this tortilla chips for his salsa.)
Here's a link to my grocery list.

I actually had a lot of fun while grocery shopping.  I spent most of my time in the produce section and the natural food section.  Even though this is my third trip to the grocery since I started cleaning up my diet, this is my first all out meals planned-list made- shopping trip.  I was so proud to fill up my cart with clean food and I didn't spend much more than I usually do, probably because I saved a lot of money by skipping out on chips, frozen pizzas, cereals, etc.. 


Here's my cart on the way to the check out lane (I swear, I didn't touch that Valentine's candy in the background!)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP